How much to fix the foundation?

Asked by James Michael Dupont, Topeka, KS Sat Aug 11, 2012

the foundation is damaged, what is it going to cost? who can give an estimate in lawrence?

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3081375464-410-Nebraska-St-La…

Answers

3
Crystal Swea…, Agent, Lawrence, KS
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Based on the conversation I had with concrete rescue the cost would be well in the $20,000 closer to $30,000. I've called around and haven't found anyone in Lawrence who can actually do the work.
Darren Abram, Agent, Lawrence, KS
Sat Aug 11, 2012
I am by no means a foundation expert but from some of the homes I have sold, you are looking at well over 10,000 and maybe more than 20,000. The back wall is basically falling in. I would contact someone like Concrete Rescue 785-856-3950 or Keating 785-856-0006. There are also many other foundation repair companies. I would also recommend having a structural engineer look at it.
Rob Lang :), Agent, Lawrence, KS
Sat Aug 11, 2012
There are no bids I have seen as of this moment but investor buyers I have shown the property to have guessed at $30,000 plus as there are multiple walls involved between the two basements. Then there is the issue of mold, paint, floor coverings, exterior retaining wall, and so on.

The county appraisal is $186,300.

For more information on this property or to be put on email alerts for other properties, please visit website link below and call, text, or email me.
Thank you!
Flag Sat Aug 11, 2012