How long has this house been vacant? The price is tempting on line but it seems like it's listed many times.

Asked by Maggie Stewart, Hartford, CT Tue Feb 10, 2009

Just worried that the more time a house is vacant, the more chance for damage. The house seems too good to be true.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1068449975-Single-Family-Home…

Answers

3
Kelley Kullm…, , Hershey, PA
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Good morning Home Buyer,

I've been told by neighbors that the home has been vacant a few months. I have shown the home and it seems that it is in need of cosmetic repairs however a home inspection is always a good idea. A full home inspection will run about $450, which is a little investment for alot of peace of mind. The home sits on a nice (just under 1/2 acre) lot, in a desired neighborhood in the Lower Dauphin School District. As it was built in the 1970's it is a bit dated but would be a good buy for the right price. Feel free to visit my website and if you need further assistance give me a call or email.
Ellen Kellner, Agent, Hershey, PA
Tue Feb 10, 2009
As the property is now in foreclosure, there is not a property disclosure to refer to. For properties being sold by the owner, the disclosure asks the seller to reveal how long the home has been vacant. In looking back at the property disclosure from the listing prior to the foreclosure, the seller did not answer that question.

The sales contract that is required by this bank allows for a home inspection to be preformed by the buyer within the first 10 days. Clearly, you would want to take advantage of all inspections!

I believe that there is a buyer for every home, including foreclosed properties that require work.
Julia Francis, , Harrisburg, PA
Tue Feb 10, 2009
This home has been on the market for 209 days. The price started at 237,900.
any questions feel free to call me
717-579-0685