How has the market for westside acreage doing, in particular 20-40 acre parcels with a house near running dear ranch?

Asked by Adelaider, Paso Robles, CA Tue Oct 12, 2010

Answers

3
Wendy Henzler, Agent, Paso Robles, CA
Wed Oct 13, 2010
We're not seeing too many acre properties on the market right now, I show one active listing within a 5 mile radius and five within 10 miles. However, a few properties have sold, and are currently pending and we always have buyers searching for acreage properties. I get several leads daily from active buyers, searching for all types of property.
It's difficult to give you a value without first seeing your home and property, as they vary so much in that area. I would be happy to assist you in any way I can. Please let me know if you have additional questions or if I can provide you a free accurate analysis of the value of your home and property. My office is located locally in Paso Robles. I would love the opportunity to meet with you.
Thanks so much for your inquiry.
Wendy Henzler
GRI Accredited Real Estate Professional
Merrill & Associates Real Estate
DRE01756962
(805)286-1536
Specializing in Residential, Horse, Farm/Ranch Properties
David Norwood, Agent, ARROYO GRANDE, CA
Tue Oct 12, 2010
I wanted to answer your question as specific as possible, but as a Broker and Appraiser, it is nearly impossible to give you a answer without looking at the property or at least know the specifics of the property.
However, what I created for you is a 2010 CMA (Comparative Marketing Analysis). The CMA is the first step for an appraiser to look at to determine value of properties. I have uploaded the CMA to a back page on my web site at http://dnorwood.com/Documents/15_to_60_acres_sold_2010_SLO_C…

Highest Price sold - $4,030,000
Low Price sold - $250,000
Median Price sold - $755,000

The neighborhood it very important, but the over view of what has been sold is a good guide--especially with homes on larger acreage. I would be happy to come out and give you a complete evaluation of your home. Call or email me at 805-471-0820 – Toll Free 877-471-0828. David@dnorwood.com
In the mean time take a look at the CMA. I would appreciate it if you would let me know if this was helpful. If not, send me: An address or APN. Or, square footage, of structure and land, age, and condition of the home. I will be able to narrow down the criteria with this information. David Norwood
Web Reference:  http://dnorwood.com
Tim Bryan, Agent, Paso Robles, CA
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Hi Adelaider - and thanks for contacting me. To answer your question, although that area has also felt the impact of the current market, it has done better as long as the asking price is correct for the particular property in question. If you thinking of putting a property in that area on the market, I would be more then glad to meet with you and give you a market analysis at no cost or obligation on your part. You can also reach me at 591-5239 or email me at tim@timbryan.com .
Thanks for getting in touch and hope to hear from you soon.