How do I get more information concerning this property?

Asked by Valerie Draggs, Washington, DC Thu Jul 14, 2011

I am requesting more information on the property that is for rent in SW Washington, DC. I know that they are requesting $1,100 for rent, but what about the utilities and trash pickup? What is the Security deposit?

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3057456708--Capitol-Sq-Pl-SW-Wa…

Answers

3
Alexandra Sa…, , Washington, DC
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Hi Valerie--this is actually a roommate situation, just to clarify. There are already residents in the house and they are looking for one more to share expenses. So you would be paying $1100 for your share of the house, and it is very likely that you would have to pay your share of at least some utilities on top of that. Accordingly, your share of the security deposit is likely to equal one month's rent. Trash pickup is on a regular city schedule. However, if you are looking for rental properties for yourself in that area, I would be happy to help! Just shoot me an email at alex@c21redwood.com, or give me a call at 202-486-5399. I look forward to speaking with you!
Web Reference:  http://www.alexsellsdc.com
David Burnham, , Washington, DC
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Alex is right on the money on this. I would just add that in DC it is not legal to charge more than one month's rent for the security deposit and most landlords do charge the maximum. Also, trash pickup is a part of the property taxes, so you are unlikely to see any additional charge from the landlord on that. Because of the location, I would suspect that the trash is collected twice a week.
Ellen Passman, Agent, Washington, DC
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Sorry, I don't have any rental listings. Let me know if you would like a list of rentals. Give me where, how much, and how big.

Ellen