How do I get cash for keys? Our lender told us they do not handle the cash for keys. The bank is Aurora.

Asked by Solace2008, Denver County, CO Wed Mar 16, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sean Dougher…, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Thu Mar 17, 2011
"Cash for Keys" is a program that could apply to your loan if your loan is a government backed loan, and there's a short sale that needs to happen to sell the home. Once there is a contract on the home, and the short sale is being worked, the lender could approve up to $1,000 from the lender to the homeowner to assist with the moving out of the home.

Careful, this is not always the case, and if you have a second lien on the home, sometimes that lender will demand that money in order for them to accept a short sale on their loan.

There is much more, I would do some searches on the web. First off, though, I'd make sure that your loan could be a candidate for this program. Best of luck to you.
0 votes
Brian Burke, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Cash for keys is something a listing Agent Does is a person foreclosed does not move from the home and is sometimes "difficult" in getting out. I guess you have been foreclosed on? Wait and someone will show up, You may not get cash for Keys. This is something like I said to get the Keys without the hassle of throwing you out or an eviction. It is only sometimes a Hundred or a few Hundred Dollars. If it was me I would not wait till this and move out now.
0 votes
Alan Strange, Agent, Westminster, CO
Wed Mar 16, 2011
If the bank doesn't do it you may be contacted by the agent hired to sell the house once the bank forecloses. Have you decided to wait until the foreclosure happens or have you considered some alternatives like home retention or foreclosure prevention?
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Popular Cities in Denver County

Email me when…

Learn more