How do I find a developer to build either a prefabricated house or an office type building on an existing lot?

Asked by Loraine, Robbins, IL Mon Aug 10, 2009

that I own?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Wayne Beals, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Aug 10, 2009
Are you looking for a developer or a builder?

A developer would be someone to partner with that would collaborate with your ownership interest in the lot. Depending on the terms you come to agreement on with the developer, you would likely move forward as partners in the entity that owns the lot and it's improvements. The entity would, assumably, make revenue off the property and the revenue would be divided according to the agreement. With the market being what it is, it's very difficult to find developers in this market capable of investing, but you never know til you try.

If you're looking for a builder, I am happy to give you a referral or two, feel free to contact me.

Best of luck.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Robbins Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more