How could I get a true market value on vacant land?

Asked by Mira, Howell, MI Wed Feb 4, 2009

I purchased 2 acres of land in 2007 and the value has continued to fall. I would like to figure the true value for tax reasons. I need to know if I am paying more for property taxes than I should have to pay?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Wed Feb 4, 2009
Hi Mira- This is in Milford, Mass I assume?
I agree- hiring an appraiser would be a good place to start. Might be worth the $300 or so in fees.
Also, a Broker Price Opinion- usually runs $75- $100- might be another, cheaper way.
I used to be in RE development, and I'd be happy to take a look at it and what else is around town and let you know what I think. That's not official, but it might help- along with your 2007 town assessment.
Thanks, and good luck,

Ken L.
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed Feb 4, 2009
Vacant lots are little different than obtaining comp's homes for sale posted in MLS Best contact an appraiser it would cost approx. $300 - or + therefore you have true market value.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Milford Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more