How can i become the home owner as my mother passed away in this house as well as my aunt?

Asked by Rita Wilson, Home, PA Wed Feb 4, 2009

This question is about this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Wed Feb 4, 2009
Depends on what her will says. If you were willed the property, you would file a quit claim deed with public records. House is then yours. If there are more than one person willed the property, it would be best to have one person as the Executor/Executrix if the property is to be sold. If no one was willed the property, it will be a long process for the state to determine who would be owed what and it would not be free, either.

Terrence CHarest, e-Pro
1 vote
Carla Walker, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Feb 4, 2009
Your best bet is to find out if your Mother had a will first. Also, you can go to the tax records to see who's name the house is in. If she did not name anyone to inherit the house, then it will most probably have to go through probate, which is a lengthy process. If this is the case, you need to find a lawyer to help you figure this out. Good luck and so sorry for your loss.
0 votes
Renee Porsia, Agent, Newtown, PA
Wed Feb 4, 2009
Hello Rita,

First of all..sorry to hear of your loss!! Next, who is living in this house currently? Let's start there.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask For Renee
0 votes
Michael D De…, , 18969
Wed Feb 4, 2009
Exactly what is the question? Did you want to buy your mother and aunts house? Is it currently up for sale? If so, your first step would be to qualify for a mortgage. If i can help you in this area, please feel free to contact me.
The very best of luck to you!

Michael D Delp
Mortgage Pro
4802 Old Bethlehem Pike,
Telford Pa. 18969
Ph- 215-453-1025
Fax- 215-453-1012
Cell- 610-762-0318
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more