How can I purchase this house ?

Asked by Keita Otsuka, Hermosa Beach, CA Sat Jan 17, 2009

I am interested in this place at Hermosa Beach if its still available. I live in Downtown LA Loft now, but since I got married just recently, we need more space and fresh air. I have great credit score and stable income and job. Could you please let me know how I can proceed with purchasing this house ?

It would be appreciated if you could contact me. I would be please to come and see anytime !

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks.

Keita

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/2003315482--30th-St-Hermos…

Answers

7
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Sat Jan 17, 2009
Hi Keita, it’s very common to be misled by RealtyTrac - see it here on Trulia just about every day. RealtyTrac is not a listing service. They post notices of foreclosure and default pulled from public records. Their postings are very misleading because the price shown is NOT representative of what the property will be when priced for sale. This property is not on the market yet, and when it is put up for sale it will very likely be listed on the MLS, not on RealtyTrac.

I’m not sure whether you have been formally Pre-Approved. As far as buying, this is your first step (not a pre-qualification, see:. http://www.Steven-Anthony.com/default.aspx?pp=39377 for the difference between the two) so you can be ready to act when you need to, or be aware of any issues that may prevent you from buying when you want to.

-Steve
marie horowi…, Agent, torrance, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
First, you need to have your agent (or select one) review the offering documention and then make the offer!
Maureen Mego…, Agent, Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Sun Jan 18, 2009
In a foreclosure sale, when they say a bid amount of $106,000, this normally means that that is the amount of the outstanding lien on the property being foreclosed on, but if it in fact goes to a foreclosure sale, other buyers will also be at the sale and will bid the price up to an amount close to its true value. Foreclosure sles can be an opportunity to purchase a bargain, however normally you have to have cashiers checks totaling the total amount of your bid, and you are buying the property in its "as-is" condition with no warranties. If a property has gone into foreclosure, the owners probably have not been able to properly maintain the property, so you usually inherit a large amount of deferred maintenance, and the property may just turn into a money pit.

I would love to talk with you about what you are looking for, and if you check out my website at http://www.maureenmegowan.com you will see that I provide all of the information necessary to get familiar with the real estate markets in the South Bay of Los Angeles. My website is very popular, and if you do a "Google" search on the internet with the key words "South Bay Real Estate" you will find my website on the first page of search results.

I specialize on working with buyers, and the Testimonials from my clients on my website will confirm that no one works harder to help you find the perfect home.
Keith Kyle, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Sat Jan 17, 2009
Keita,

As Steve mentions below this is a very common problem with Realty Trac and I get many calls on just how to purchase these homes that seem too good to be true. The problem is....they are. Realty Trac is basically collecting data from various sources and unfortunately they post this information as a list price, when in fact it can be the delinquent payments, the balance of the loan, or many other numbers. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with value and they do not make any of this clear. The market in the Beach Cities has remained strong in terms of value and you have to keep in mind that everyone is out looking for a deal, so if you do come across a home priced below market there will be many other home buyers ready, willing and able. I just recently put in an offer for a client on a beautiful condo priced below market and there were 4 offers within 3 days and it's selling for well over asking price.....so much for nobody buying in this market.

Best of luck in your search.
., , Los Angeles, CA
Sat Jan 17, 2009
You need to get the cash and financing in place now. The auction will be conducted at the county courthouse torrance I believe. We can contact the lender Trustee and see what these Bozo's have in store. then we look to find out if the homeowners they are foreclosing on have left or if this is a hostile recovery. Little bit of homework and you might steal it. surley not the path of least resistance but well worth the energy and time.

admin@borrowerhotline.com
Lezlie Brazil, Agent, Culver City, CA
Sat Jan 17, 2009
Hi Keita,

As the other agent indicated, this home is in pre-foreclosure status and is currently not being marketed for sale.

The 3-4 bedroom single family homes that are currently listed for sale in Hermosa Beach range from $875K to over $5 million. In fact, there are a few homes for sale on the same street as the one you inquired about.

Please contact me for more details.

Lezlie Brazil
T 310-991-4263
F 310-861-0207
E lezliebrazil@kw.com
Web Reference:  http://www.lezliebrazil.com
Jason Pauley, , 90027
Sat Jan 17, 2009
Hello Keita. I'm an agent for Keller Williams in Lof Feliz.. I would love to speak with you over the phone regarding this place in Hermosa. Please give me a call so we can set a time and day to meet. I can even come to you.

Jason Pauley
323-252-4310-C
Web Reference:  http://www.tomandjason.com