How can I find a list of private home owners looking to rent in Charlotte NC & surrounding areas?

Asked by Rika Bodrick, Charlotte, NC Sat Oct 19, 2013

Answers

4
Eric Cox, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Oct 19, 2013
Rental properties aren't as easy to locate as properties for sale. Many owners don't use a Realtor when they decide to rent their home so those homes won't be found on the MLS. Landlords often use websites like Hotpads.com, Zillow.com, Homes.com, Craigslist.com, or here on Trulia.com. Other landlords will use a leasing agency who may or may not list the property in the MLS. Some of the larger leasing agencies will keep an internal inventory.

So the point being, it takes a lot more effort to locate all rental properties available than it does to find all homes available for purchase. My advice would be to contact a Realtor who can set you up with a feed from the MLS for rental properties meeting your criteria. You'll also want to sign up for email updates on Zillow and the other sites that offer this. You'll want email updates because you'll want to be the first to know when something comes available because they go fast.

I'm sure you've heard it before but you can buy for a lot less that you can rent for in this market. Check out NerdWallet.com and play around with the mortgage rates and calculator found under the "personal finance" tab at the top. You can type in your credit score and home price to see what your monthly payment would be.

If I can help out in any way, I'm here for you anytime.

Eric Cox, Principal
Cox Residential
Call/Text 704-340-8510
Eric@CoxResidential.com
IF SO EMAIL ME, NEED A 2-3 BED HOME 30-40K RANGE
SHOW ME WHAT YOU HAVE, OPEN TO CONTRACT FOR DEED, RENT TO OWN, OR OUTRIGHT BUY WITH CASH.
NO BIG FIXES, MOVE IN READY FOR QUIET MARRIED COUPLE WITH 3 KIDS. LAND OR LARGE LOT A MUST, PLEASE NOTHING WITH WATER DAMAGE/MOLD, DAUGHTER HAS BAD BREATHING ISSUES- WE HAVE MEDICAL DOGS. SHOW ME WHAT YOU HAVE ASAP!

DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN CITY LIMITS, OUTSKIRTS, COUNTRY, SUBURBS OK!

DMKASPARITHOMAS@ICLOUD.COM
Flag Mon Sep 25, 2017
IS THERE AN ALTERNATE TO CRAIGSLIST, ISO FSBO RENT TO OWN, CONTRACT FOR DEED OR BUY OUTRIGHT 30-40K RANGE IN NC
Flag Mon Sep 25, 2017
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Oct 19, 2013
Rika,

There are some listed here on Trulia. Other sites to consider are forrent.com, and craigslist is a big one for homeowners looking to rent places without the assistance of a realtor.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Helen Adams Realty
ddicecco@helenadamsrealty.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Elizabethmel…, Home Buyer, Charlotte, NC
Thu Sep 7, 2017
I need a 4 bedroom and bathroom ASP can you please help me
Antonio John…, Renter, New York, NY
Tue Jun 20, 2017
How do I find private home owners renting houses under 650 a month?