How can I be contacted if this home ever goes to sale? I was the first owner and may be interested in buying it back.

Asked by John Harris, Charlotte, NC Sun Sep 1, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/North_Carolina/Charlotte/sold/23…

Answers

4
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Good morning, John:
Seems that there is a consensus: contact the current owner or monitor the home to see if it is listed again are your main options. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Sep 2, 2013
John,

there are two ways to do this. The first one is to contact the seller directly. You can either go and directly knock on the door or send them a letter asking them to notify you when they are going to put the house on the market. Depending on them; they may be motivated to sell if the price is right or they could tell you they are going to be there for a long time. But this option probably would give you an idea of when (or if) they plan on putting the house on the market in the near future or not.

The second option is to have a Realtor set up an auto search for you on the multiple listing service to notify you when the house goes on the market. The problem with that one is that you are relying on a Realtor to ensure that you they keep the system up to date. They expire automatically every six months and the Realtor ahs to renew it.

I personally would go with option one if I had interest in buying a house that I once owned and see what the home owners timeline or motivation level is...

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Beth Gionis, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Sep 1, 2013
I would be happy to contact the owner on your behalf if you would like. Believe it or not this happens often and can work out well for all parties.
Beth Broadway Gionis
704-609-6653
Savvy Homes, Agent, charlotte, NC
Sun Sep 1, 2013
You can just write the owner and tell them... to contact you when they are ready to sell. You can also have a real estate agent set up an auto email responder to notify you if it ever comes on MLS. The only problem with this... is they automatically expire ever few months so ... your agent will always have to renew it.