How accurate really is RealtyTrac with foreclosure addresses?

Asked by Lina Briffa, Easton, PA Mon Feb 9, 2009

I checked a specific address against MLS and price was totally off.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/2003347366--Emerald-St-Har…

Answers

1
Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Mon Feb 9, 2009
What address, it just says Emerald Street. I am sure that street has plenty of homes on it, right?

RealtyTrac, et al just sticks a carrot out there so people can sign up for their services, at a cost, so that the people end up getting either the wrong information or none at all about a particular property.

You should know how the foreclosure process works. Buyer defaults, property is sold at county sheriff sale, if bank buy it back it's usually listed with a real estate broker. FHA/VA backed homes usually don't go to a broker for a good while, they are usually posted on the government sites.

So, if you have buyers wanting deals, they should start at the sheriff sale. Help them with the process and you find out it will pay in the long run.

Terrence Charest, e-Pro