Hi can a tennis court be added on the proprty

Asked by Lisadaversa1, Easthampton, MA Thu Aug 2, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1075113750-5-Rolling-Wood-Ln-…

Answers

6
Chris Chapin, Agent, Easthampton, MA
Mon Jan 7, 2013
This lot will probably not fit a tennis court as it is. There are several things working against it. One is that the house hogs the lot. Another is that the pool blocks the only place where a court might fit.

A tennis court is 120 feet long. The minimum setback from any property line is 50 feet. That would mean that you would need 50 feet + 120 feet + at least ten feet from pool or house = 180 feet. From the looks of it you have maybe 120 feet from the back of the pool to the back of the property.

If this lot were just a hundred square feet smaller, and under 84,000 square feet, the setbacks for a tennis court would be 50 feet. However, the lot is over the cutoff at 84,071 square feet. Therefore the setbacks will be 60 feet. That would make it even tighter.

You might be able to fit a court if you moved the pool. If tennis is important to you, that could be an option, albeit an expensive one.
Sharon Tompk…, Agent, East Hampton, NY
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Probably can add tennis if the clearing restrictions can be met.
Chris Chapin, Agent, Easthampton, MA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Property may fit a tennis court. It depends whether the house hogs the lot. Setbacks in East Hampton Town for a lot this size would be 50 feet from back and sides, and 100 feet from the front. If the house is smack dab in the middle of the lot, there will be no place to fit a tennis court and still meet the setbacks. Clearing restrictions will also come into play. Ray Lord III at Prudential Douglas Elliman has a house for sale in the Northwest Woods on 1.9 acres for $750,000. It should fit tennis.

rlord@elliman.com 631-267-7387
Lisadaversa1, Other Pro, Easthampton, MA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
It doesn't matter. Our price range is around 1.2 we r willing to add a court. You can email me the listing and I will let you know if I am interested. Northwest woods only. Thx
Hi Linda- We just had a price reduction on a property in Northwest Woods that has a court. It will probably now sell within your budget. Send me your email address and I will forward it to you. Thanks,
Brian
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
JONATHAN LER…, Agent, Scarsdale, NY
Wed Sep 5, 2012
We have several wonderful properties available in East Hampton that already have tennis court built.

So my question would be.... did you want hard top or clay?

Contact me anytime and I will have one of my top agents show you the properties!

Jon

http://www.RealLiving.com
Brian Buckho…, Agent, East Hampton, NY
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Actually De Vonte, that is incorrect. The reason that you are not seeing it on MLS is because there is no MLS in the Hamptons, so your database will only have a fraction of the available inventory.

To answer your question Lisa, I don't think that that particular property will be able to fit a tennis court. There are quite a few parameters that need to be met including setbacks, lot coverage as well as clearing restrictions. Let me know if you wouldlike me to send you a few listings that have courts or at least room for a court. thanks,

Brian Buckhout
Prudential Douglas Elliman
East Hampton
bbuckhout@elliman.com
631.834.7514