Property Q&A in Los Angeles>Question Details

Carlcollanus, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Hi. Im from Finland (Europe) I would like to know if im able to buy this condo?

Asked by Carlcollanus, Los Angeles, CA Sat Mar 17, 2012

I would like to make bid ! is there any hidden costs? I i bid 18000 is that all i havety pay ??? how much is monthly cost maintenance concerning this house? My email is

This question is about this property:…

if auction does not work out let me know...
I'll be glad to help you with. It's not impossible to buyer a condo. $18,000 USD.
Please email me or call at (909)731-7124.

Thank you.
Ludy Ivonina

It's not impossible to buyer a condo. $18,000 USD seems too low. This property isn't listed at $18,000. That's just what they are behind to the bank on their mortgage. It may not be possible to get a loan but you can pay all cash in the US unless you can get financing through a bank in your country.

If would would like me to send you some options, let me know.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
Anyone can buy property in the United States of America whether you are a citizen or not it has no bearing. Financing the purchase is a different question and there are lenders that do loans to foreign nationals.
Anything more specific than that you probably have to contact me directly so I can give you specific advice...

Best of luck and this is a great time to be buying property in the United States of America.
This condo is not currently for sale. It shows as "for sale" only because it has a notice of default filed against it. In the US, if properties are in any stage of foreclosure, it becomes a matter of public record.
The $$$ amount quoted is not the price of the property, but the amount of the lie in default.
In order to buy in the US, you need to either:
1. File tax returns in the US, or
2. Pay all cash, or
3. Put 40-60% down in cash.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) (310) 800-2954
That is the opening bid amount. Often the Lienholder has a "reserve" or minimum amount they will accept which is often near the true market value. The most likely scenario is other bidders will outbid you and drive the price up to true market value which is in the neighborhood of $300k. Even those may or may not reach the reserve.

Watch the listings, especially from realty trac and foreclosure radar, for "opening bid" or "default amount" which indicate it is just a reference point not a price you are likely to get.