Hi, I want to take over someone's house payment can I do that in the state of Florida? With having to qualify? AND I mean any home in Florida ?

Asked by coollsmalls, Concord, CA Sun Mar 17, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Your post appears in a Concord CA forum

I'd be interested to see what Florida realtors/real estate attorneys/lenders would say.

But I am curious --- if you take over someone else's house payment, then you'd be doing that someone a favor. That doesn't mean the property will be automatically given or transferred to your name that way. As I understand it, that person's loan obligation to the bank doesn't cease if someone takes over the payments. It only ends when the bank is paid off.

The bank is paid off if the homeowner sells the property -- either in a regular sale or short sale.

So if you want to buy a property, and if you won't pay cash, you'd have to qualify for a loan.

Please update us on what you find out. Good luck.
0 votes
Wes Knapp, Agent, Concord, CA
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Considering you posted a question about Florida real estate in a California real estate blog section. I am not an attorney, tax attorney, or mortgage broker, but I'd highly suggest you start by aiming your question to a local title company in Florida, they should be able to direct you towards a better answer.


Good luck!

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more