Hi, I'm having a dispute with my neighbor and need a plat of survey to settle the issue. Unfortunately, I never received one at closing because

Asked by Olivia, 60639 Tue Jan 1, 2013

the owner was not obligated to provide me with one. Could someone tell me where I might find one? How much I could be looking to pay? I appreciate your help.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 2, 2013

Best of luck with the dispute. Here is another http://metropolitansurveyservices.com/.

Happy New Years and Best of Luck,

Manuel Brown, Broker
iMove Chicagao
0 votes
Ian Halpin, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 1, 2013
Hello Olivia,

Call Tom Studnicka at 815.485.0445 I have used him for years. Good guy.

Best of luck with the neighbor and Happy New Year.

Ian Halpin / Broker
Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty
425 W. North Ave. / Chicago, IL 60610
O: 312.335.3220 / F: 312.229.9190 / C: 773.531.4479
ihalpin@jamesonsir.com | http://www.jamesonsir.com
0 votes
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 1, 2013
You can call a survey company. They average about $500.
0 votes
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 1, 2013
A survey is not typically recorded so you cannot go and get it. You will need to have one made and depending on where the property is located it might cost $300-400. You must have paid cash because all lenders require one.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more