Hi, I'm a co owner of a property that was given to me as a grant deed but my name is not showing up on a prelimanary title report.

Asked by Smileyfaces81, Los Angeles, CA Thu Feb 28, 2013

Answers

6
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Was your Grant Deed filed and recorded with the County. If not filed and recorded, it will not show up on title. The property could be sold or otherwise controlled without you until such time as it is filed and recorded.
Douglas Perez, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Preliminary title report is not the complete report. Whoever did your grant deed should have given you a copy, then within 45 days you should have received the original sealed from County Recorder's Office.

If this is in L.A. County, you can request it here: http://rrcc.lacounty.gov/RECORDER/Real_Estate_etc.cfm#RealUCC

Or, call one of us and we'll be happy to find out for you.
Bill Hooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Hi, when you record any deed, albeit a "Quit Claim" or a "Grant Deed," the County Recorder wants you to complete a "Preliminary Change of Ownership" form (PCOR) to accompany the recorded deed. Simply stated, this allows (helps) the County & City to determine if they're entitled to any transfer taxes if there was indeed a value ($) they can associate with the transfer of title. It's all about the money!

The recorder will record deeds, however without this PCOR, they will mail you one and require that you complete it within 6 months of the recording.

Did you do this???

Bill Hooper
RE/MAX Estate Properties
bhooper@remax.com
310-293-9597
Caroline Har…, Agent, Northridge, CA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Your Grant Deed may not have been recorded. You can email me the address and I'll pull up what recorded documents there are. If it is not recorded, you can just go down to the county recorder's office and take care of it. Call ahead of time to verify operation times, lines are long. Also, there is the possibility that it was just recorded and title hasn't uploaded the documents yet? Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

__________________________
Caroline Harabedian
RE-Search Concept
8700 Reseda Blvd., Suite 213-B
Northridge, California 91324
(818) 967-9626 mobile
(818) 979-0226 fax
http://www.HomesByCaroline.net
Sona Gallatin, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Do you have a copy of the document that names you as part owner? A Trust or similar? The Title records would show the name of the family Trust only. Either way, this is really a question for an attorney, Real Estate agents are not licensed to give legal council.

Janey Bishop, Agent, Encino, CA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Was the deed recorded? What documentation do you have?