Help! HOA and disclosure issue from seller Hello, I could really use some suggestion on my situation with HOA and seller.

Asked by Sung Kim, Newark, CA Wed Apr 28, 2010

I just purchased 2nd floor 2 bed 1 bath Condo in March. Condo HOA made inspection 3 days after I close on the house and said I must remove all Hardwood flooring with carpet. The knew previous owner who live in the condo for 5 years had hardwood flooring. Previous owner said Condo had hard flooring when she bought the house in 2005 and she only upgraded existing hard flooring. HOA said they never approve anything with previous owner and basically say they took her word for it and left it as it is. Money to replace flooring is one thing but I paid alot of extra money for upgrades on this condo like hardwood flooring. Same condo next door on market for 200k and i paid 230k for same one. Also my kids doctor recommended hard flooring due to their severe allergies at night. Flooring is done with sound barrier. Any chance I have to keep the flooring? Should I talk to lawyer? Any suggestion would be great. I am so lost. I am first time home buyer. Thank you.