Property Q&A in Stow>Question Details

Peter B, Home Buyer in Marlborough, MA

Hello, I 55 years old with two boys, 15 and 12. I am interested in your condos at Heather Lane in Stow, MA .

Asked by Peter B, Marlborough, MA Thu Nov 17, 2011

What are the adult community restrictions there? Can my boys live with me there?

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3056014968-12-Heather-Ln-Stow…

Answers

4
You could always contact the listing agent and ask him directly. He is: Flat Rate Real Estate Services (978) 392-1220 List Agent: Frank Salvucci
Hi again StowPete,
The answers I provided below of course should be double checked but came directly from the people representing the homes being sold. Every over 55 has different restrictions and the ones I gave you were for this particular development.
Catherine Hammill
617-872-4972
Highly unlikely. The only way for you to know for certain is to read the condomium Master Deed that is recorded at the South Middlesex Registry of Deeds online at http://www.masslandrecords.com. - search for Master Deed for Arbor Glen. You can also check at the Stow Town Hall - they should have copies of the Zoning Bylaw and site plan approvals. I highly recommend that you do not rely on annecdotal information; get the facts. Or sign-up with a buyer agent who knows where to check these things for you.

Unfortunately, most of the new construction condos in the area are age restricted, but there are some. Hope this helps. Marilyn
Hi Stowpete,
You are allowed to have kids under 18 live with you 6 out of a 9 month period. Once they reach 18, they are allowed to live there as much as they want as long as you are the primary owner. Does that make sense? From what I understand, there are lots of teenage children living in the development.
Have you seen the homes? They well built and it is a very nice community of people.
I hope that helps!
Let me know if you would like more information and I would be happy to provide it.
Catherine Hammill
617-872-4972
Catherine@CatherineHammill.com