Hello, Are there any utilities included? Is there safe parking that is not on the street?

Asked by marieh1014, Los Angeles, CA Sun Sep 22, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3132293689-2765-E-Vista-Way-Vis…

Answers

2
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Hi Marie,

There is no way for any of us to answer your questions beyond what is stated in the ad. When you click on the link for the "Listing Website" it states "This Postlet No Longer Exists" and goes on to say "Sorry, but the postlet you are looking for doesn't exist anymore. The postlet was either removed before the expiration date (the property was probably sold or rented already), or the listing reached its expiration date and was not renewed by the owner."

We recommend people use Craigslist for rentals. The ads are more current and beware of rental scam listings and ads that "look too good to be true”. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Scams usually involve people asking for a deposit in order to see the property. The "owner" usually states they live out of state or out of the country. Other scams involve people stealing pictures from homes for sale and then posting it as a rental with a low rental rate.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA BRE License 01713506
Tony Cannon, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Sun Sep 22, 2013
I would be a little cautious about this rental which shows up on Trulia from a posting on Postlets.com. This guest house looks pretty small for 2 beds and 2 baths. If it is really that large, it would go for more than $800/m. The contact info of the poster is sdhgbcatyahoodotcom (302) six-eight-five-1214. A Google search on this phone number links it to houses in Upland, CA and Kent, WA and cell phones for sale in Delaware. These few red flags lead me to believe it is a scam. If you are seriously interested, you may want to drive by the house to look for a for rent sign and maybe even knock on the door of the main house or guest house to find out if it is really for rent and at what price.
Dear Tony,
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback and I will look into it.

Marie Madison
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013