Tonifem30, Home Buyer in 21206

Ground Rent purchase - Baltimore City

Asked by Tonifem30, 21206 Thu Aug 27, 2009

The owner of my ground rent has agreed to allow me to purchase the ground rent. He says I need to obtain a deed from a lawyer to do so. I need assistance finding a real estate lawyer in Baltimore...I live in the Rosedale area.

Thanks!

Answers

3
Tina Beasley, Agent, Saint Augustine, FL
Thu Aug 27, 2009
What title company did you use when you purchased your home? I would look there first. They have your records on file and may give you a discount on their services.

Another good source is Connie Strauss-Dana. She is an attorney and she works for Mid-Atlantic Title. Her direct number is 410-952-3700. Tell her that I told you to call her.

Redeeming your ground rent is a great thing to do. Actually owning the ground your home sits on is more important that just owning the home in my opinion. Will make it much easier to sell your property when that time comes. Please feel free to call me anytime you have a real estate question. Good Luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.tinabeasley.com
Mz. Loyal, Home Owner, Baltimore, MD
Fri May 9, 2014
I just bought a house in Baltimore City and I was thinking about buying the land. I was told by an Attorney that if I purchase the land and the City decides to upgrade the pipes that's on my land I will have to pay for the repairs. If I don't own the land then the city will pay for the repairs. Is this true? .
Tonifem30, Home Buyer, 21206
Fri Aug 28, 2009
Hi Tina,

Thanks so much for the information!!!! I used Crown Title in Baltimore when I purchased the home. I did as you suggested and called them. They said they don't keep the files for more than 3 years.....They said that the underwriters for my refinance should be able to easily locate this information via their title company.

I agree with your comment about redeeming the ground rent. The lease holder was very excited to get rid of this 'headache' as he calls it. He said it has been passed down to him for generations!

I am going to call Connie today in reference to the deed.

Your comments have been so helpful!! I plan on selling my house next year and would love to use you as my agent!