Property Q&A in Sutter Creek>Question Details

Jeff Steigman, Both Buyer and Seller in 95666

Forclosures. I saw on Fox news,a story about forclosures. The houses were trashed by angry tenents

Asked by Jeff Steigman, 95666 Wed Jun 3, 2009

Moving company's had to haul away junk and actual pieces of the interior of the houses.
Sometimes damage was done that could not be identified,like blocking up the interior plumbing.
I am looking to buy now,but am afraid of dealing with a forclosure.
Any opinions?

This question is about this property:…

Thanks Karen.
I appreciate the answer.
That does sometimes happen, however, as an agent that represents several banks in selling foreclosed properties, I always go into a home once it is vacant and do a walk-thru of the home, if the water and power are still on, I flush all of the toilets several time, run the water in the sink and showers, and check all of the light fixtures to make sure they all work....if there is something that concerns me, I always make sure to ask my Asset Manager to have a contractor go to the home to do further investigations. Any agent that you may be working with will advise you when you write an offer on a bank owned property to ask the bank to pay for all inspections, sometimes the bank agree and sometime they do not, it all depends on the property, but as a buyer, you always have the right to do any inspections on a home that you wish, one of those inspections is a Home Inspection. Do not be affraid to look at the foreclosure homes, there are great deals out there....just make sure that your asks for all inspections. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you should have any questions. Karen Griffin-Realor Coldwell Banker 209-639-8170