Kravitz, Other/Just Looking in Birmingham, AL

East Lake Birmingham's up and coming Art District

Asked by Kravitz, Birmingham, AL Wed Feb 4, 2009

I hear that East Lake, Birmingham is becoming the new Art District . Has home prices started to increase yet or are they still affordable?

Answers

2
Ash, , Birmingham, AL
Wed Apr 1, 2009
You can still buy a fixer upper in East Lake for less than 20K or a brick English Tudor for under 80K. There area several groups pushing for change in the area and we may see some great opportunities to come out of The Greater East Lake Community yet. East Lake has been deemed the up and coming Art District and Birmingham's GLBT Ghetto. Might be a good time to buy into the area if you are looking for a more liberal environment to live in within the next few years. Some area as still a bit rough and you would need to look at the potential for change. Join the movement if you wish. Still you have a chance at buying into and idea that could change a community and you can watch your property values climb when this area turns into a really cool place to live.
Paul D. Dzie…, , Birmingham, AL
Thu Feb 5, 2009
I've heard the samething too, but right now, the home prices have not changed for the better - yet.
Web Reference:  http://www.pauld-kw.com