Downtown property???

Asked by agbird262, Tucson, AZ Tue May 22, 2012

Anyone have any thoughts as what might happen to property prices in the Downtown vicinity? Looking to buy somewhere Downtown next year, but afraid prices will significantly increase with Streetcar and other developments????

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3080343952-702-S-3rd-Ave-Tucs…

Answers

4
Donna Reed, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Tue May 22, 2012
I agree with the others. The Modern Streetcar should/will help all things downtown. The city, convention and visitor's bureau, chamber of commerce are all expecting things to continue to grow and thrive. And, as Sam mentioned ... we're starting to see prices increase in many areas of town. Will low inventory, homes in good condition are selling quickly, and, believe it or not, we're back to multiple offers and bidding wars on some homes. Love Armory Park!
Let me know if I can help in any way!!

Donna Reed
Keller Williams Southern Arizona
520-631-4638
Sam Zobrest, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Tue May 22, 2012
I think your concerns have merit. I would also be concerned about the market in general . I believe we hit the bottom a few months ago and as each month passes the market moves from a complete buyers market to a market that is fair to both sellers and buyers. Also, the interest rates on mortgages are at all time lows right now and they only have one way to go, UP!.

Give me a call or email me and we can discuss your ability to buy now vs waiting next year.

Sam Zobrest
Owner/ Broker
Wildcat Realty & Property Management
(520) 312-8032
sam@realtywildcats.com
Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Tue May 22, 2012
Tucson has been working hard to renovate downtown. The Tucson market has picked up as we were named recently #1 city to buy an investment property now.
First thing I recommend to all buyers is talk with a lender & get pre-approved. Next, find a local Realtor to discuss your search criteria. See what is available now & you may decide to wait until next year, the choice is yours.
Best of luck.
Spirit Messingham
(520) 471-6900
Scott Davids…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Tue May 22, 2012
In my professional opinion, and an opinion is all anyone can truly give in regards to future pricing, I think you have a good feel for what is already going on. I think next year prices will continue to inch up. Does now not work for you?