Does anyone know where this property is located or whom do I contact to get more details>?

Asked by Sam K, Ellicott City, MD Wed Jan 28, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1074244514-Single-Family-Home…

Answers

4
voices member, , 21117
Wed Jan 28, 2009
Hi Sam,

I am not sure when this listing first came on, but as the others have said it is not currently active or complete. I don't know if this was an intentionally misleading listing, but I have a theory. Many small builders who have lots available, will post sketched homes such as this one. It is to show just one option of the type of home that you can build on the particular lot available. The price shown does not necessarily correspond to the particular model shown, it is usually an average/base sales price of the available models. So in short, the best thing to do, is find an area you are interested in first. If this is the area, or if you find another area you like contact a buyer's agent to help determine what new communities there are in that area. Then have the agent accompany you anytime you walk into a model/sales office. The "agents" in the sales offices represent only the builder, you should definitely have your own representation. You would really be surprised at the results your agent can get for you! I recently worked with a couple in the White Marsh area who were so pleased when the sales agent told them they could get their home for $500k because similiar homes in the same community had sold in the mid to upper $500's. When I took over, I was able to save them an additional $45k through my negotiating skills. To be completely honest, it doesn't always happen this way, but builders are wanting to get rid of their inventory in these tough times so now is the time to deal! I hope this helps a little bit. If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me! Best of luck to you!

Lisa Devnew
Coldwell Banker
LDevnew@cbmove.com
410-625-0990
Brian Pakulla, Agent, Ellicott City, MD
Wed Jan 28, 2009
Sam,

It looks as though this is an incomplete listing. Right now there is no useful info posted.

As other agents have mentioned, all agents in Maryland have access to every new construction property for sale. However, there is not one central database for listings. Therefore, an agent will have to be very active to make sure you know about all your available choices. Meaning the agent must be a good agent.

My advice would be to meet with a few different agents and select the best one that can work with you to find you a great new home at a great price! Builders are negotiating in this market as well.

Please contact me if I can help you further and or set a time to meet.
Web Reference:  http://www.123move.net
Jonathan S T…, Agent, Columbia, MD
Wed Jan 28, 2009
Sam,

I am Jon Tucker with RE/MAX 100. This may be a generalized ad listing to bring buyers to the builder. He may not even own a lot(s) yet for it. Often these ads are "ticklers" with low base prices to find buyers. Reputable builders do not do these kind of listings.

I would like to work with you to find a great new build or an even better deal on recent existing homes. New construction has todays costs for land, lumber & labor that is relatively expensive to existing homes, especially foreclosures. Shoot me an email or give me a call.

I have several automated systems to make you aware of new listings in your search areas the day they hit the market (JustListed, Matrix). I am a certified JustListed agent for the Baltimore region. You will see new listings, price changes, status changes (contract, sold, etc) the same day that I, as an agent see them for your search specifications. Once you see something of interest, I will send you the full 3 page Realtor version of the listing, the tax record, all pictures/tours, and all historical listings for that same property. We can go and personally review the best ones, or I can preview them for you. I also receive automated alerts from all the auction houses for good opportunities. Finally, I review the REO or bank owned listings regularly for my buyers. You will find good investments before most others. You can reach me via email at TuckerRealty@comcast.net, cell 443.538.4316, or my web site http://www.JonTuckerHomes.com.
George Belle…, Agent, Ellicott City, MD
Wed Jan 28, 2009
It is interesting that none of the links work..... I hope it is not someone who just "borrowed" the picture. If you are looking for new construction homes, most of them are already listed on the MLS so you can find them there. Now is a time for caution in working with a builder- many are struggling in this economy, and you don't want to be left waiting, or worse, in a struggling neighborhood.

Since the times are uncertain, and the seller pays the buyer agent fee (usually) it is wise to work with an Accredited Buyer Agent. Please contact me if you have any other questions.
Web Reference:  http://www.headforhome.net