Does anyone know of a good contact person (negotiator) for National City Bank?

Asked by Leslie, Chicago, IL Thu Feb 5, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Paul Garver, Other Pro, Hinsdale, IL
Thu Feb 5, 2009

I am going to assume this question is about the same property as you have posted your other questions on, so I know a little bit of the history here. Bottom line is without the Seller you could get the best negotiator/attorney in the world and it is not going to matter. You are trying to buy a property owned by someone, and they only way they can sell it is to engage in a shortsale with the bank. The SELLER will have to sign a deed and other legal documents to complete the transaction with you, and they will have to sign documents with the bank to consumate the short sale. As others have stated in answer to your other quesitons, it is time for you to move on to another property. I am sorry, I know you had your heart set on this property, but without the Seller that is the truth.

Sincerely ,

Paul Garver
2 votes
Wayne Beals, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 5, 2009

In my experience, Paul is absolutely correct. If the seller is not engaged, a short sale is not possible. The bank simply does not have the authority to sell it until they own it.

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more