Property Q&A in Fort Myers>Question Details

Bob Buissere…, Home Buyer in Fort Myers, FL

Do you know if this house contains Chinese Walls?

Asked by Bob Buissereth, Fort Myers, FL Tue Sep 8, 2009

This question is about this property:…

Hello Bob,
Yes, there is evidence of C.D. If you would like to have the research and advice of an experienced buyers agent then please use and allow me to answer all of your questions, negotiate contracts with sellers/banks, provide you with additional pics or info, handle post closing details and much more. Happy to help you find your finest home for the money in SW Florida.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2009"
by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Yes, the listing remarks state that this Magnolia Lakes home has evidence of Chinese drywall. Here is a resource to view other listings in the Magnolia Lakes community:

Good luck with your search!
Bob, the listing itself reads that "Visual inspection has confirmed presence of chinese drywall." There is no state-approved or generally accepted remediation of Chinese drywall at this time, so it's a buyer-beware investment.

May I offer to do the research on alternative homes without the risks of Chinese drywall for you? I welcome your call at 239-440-1069—or email your criteria to

Bev LaLonde
Sellstate Select Realty
Hi Bob

My understanding is that all he homes in this small subdivision are possibles for Chinese dry wall. If it was not so widespred in the neighborhood, it might still be a great investment for someone with cash and who was up to a large project.

Many of the newer communities do not have the problem or may have it only in very small numbers. It gets back to the old saying, "If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably isn't "

If I can look into other properties for their good points and possible bad points, Please let me know. I have 17 years of selling homes in the Fort Myers area to my credit and would enjoy sharing my experience in home finding with you.

Very best regards,

Bill Simmons 239-565-4343