Do people live year round at Ocean House, Short Beach York ME? I notice that rental prices are given but the discription seems to indicate year round

Asked by Christie Mayo, York, ME Tue May 28, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Maine/York/sold/1000279687-31-Oc…

Answers

3
Robert Cerve…, Home Buyer, York, ME
Sat Aug 3, 2013
I rented and tried to do a short sale on a condo at the ocean house in 2010. When I was there off season I would say there were probably 5-10 couples living year round in the condo units. There were a half a dozen single people living in the units as well. On weekends many of the units would have couples or families coming even off season. For better or worse the bank took its time on closing the loan and I bought elsewhere. Great views for fireworks, the ocean, and storms as they come through. I always felt safe, and enough people come and go that the place feels occupied during the winter.
Troy Williams, Agent, York, ME
Tue May 28, 2013
Hi Christie!

The Ocean House in York Beach is a year round building with 44 total units. The majority of these condos are used seasonally or part time but there are some owners who have this as their primary residence. Concerning rentals, the association doesn't allow weekly rentals and has a minimum of 30 days.

If you would like to discuss the Ocean House or other condos/homes in the York area please call or email me @ 207.337.2061 or Troywilliams@Masiello.com

Troy
Ginny Whitney, Agent, Kennebunk, ME
Tue May 28, 2013
Yes, there are definitely some people who live there year-round. I'm not sure what percentage stay there year-round. I'm sure it is a lot quieter there in the winter. Some people may come and go too with a weekend here and there.