Do I have to go threw an agent to purchase this property? Can I buy this directly from the bank?

Asked by Marcarrillo, 89104 Tue Dec 16, 2008

This question is about this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ron Johnson, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Dec 17, 2008

You must use a Real Estate agent to make an offer. Why not choose to work with a buyers agent for no cost to you who will look out for your best interest.
I am very familiar with this area and have been inside about half of the homes for sale in this immediate area (Eastwood & Dawson Park) subdivisions. This may seem like a great deal on the surface, but there was a recent sale of a Bank Owned property on Scarlet Oak that was a three bedroom 1 3/4 bath that sold for $23,000 dollars.
I would love to help you out in your search, please call me or email me anytime.
Ron Johnson
Elite Realty
0 votes
Damon Bottic…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Dec 16, 2008
The property is listed for sale through a local real estate broker, so you could purchase through them. Just remember, it's their job to get the highest price and best terms for the seller (the bank). Or you can have a buyer's agent represent you for free and it will be their job to seek the best terms and lowest price for you.
0 votes
Blythe Manci…, , Las Vegas, NV
Tue Dec 16, 2008

I don't have the MLS up in front of me at the moment but if it is a bank owned property you can buy it wihout an agent but in my professional opinion, you should work with someone who can walk you thorugh the process. I say that only because the bank has only one best interest at heart and that is their bottom line. They will want you to sign many disclosures that hold them not responsible for anything worng with the property and don't care about you. If you work with a good agent they can guide you properly in the buying and negotiatiion process. It costs you nothing to work with a buyer's agent.

Best of luck.
0 votes
David Grant, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Dec 16, 2008
You would be able to purchase home directly from the bank's agent if desired. I do however caution you and would reccomend you have your own agent to represent you in the purchase transaction. Remember the banks agent was retained for the listing purpose and now you would have them represent you this is called dual agency and most agents in the REO field will have another agent from their office or team be your point person.
My professional opinion is that you should seek a qualified agent to represent your best interest in this or any other real estate transaction. Thank you and best of luck to you. I can be reached at the contact info included.

Dave Grant
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more