Didn't understand whether this lot was developable with water rights. Is it on the list? What number?

Asked by Gm Watry, Sparta, WI Fri Feb 6, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1074483517-Lot-Land-Cambria-C…

Answers

2
Jeffrey Pros…, Agent, Damariscotta, ME
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Let's cut the chase. If I were looking in Cambria, I'd call David Craig listed below.
David Craig, Agent, Cambria, CA
Wed Feb 23, 2011
I researched the listing. This property is NOT on the water waiting list.

I hope the following information will be helpful in explaining the water and building situation, here in Cambria.

The Cambria Community Services District (CCSD), our water provider, instituted a moratorium on issuing "Intent to Serve" letters in 2002. An “Intent to Serve” letter provides evidence that the CCSD intends to provide water and sewer service to a particular property. It is required by the county in order to be able to apply for a building permit.

Not all the vacant parcels in Cambria are on the CCSD's water waiting list. There are currently 666 residential parcels on the list. No new waiting list positions have been created since the list was closed at the end of 1990.

There is not a building moratorium, just a moratorium on NEW water connections. So, if a property already has a water meter or existing structure, then it is possible to obtain a building permit for a new home. The CCSD is pursuing a desalination plant to supplement our existing water supply. It is currently unknown exactly when this moratorium will end.

If you want further information or a list of properties that are on the water waiting list, feel free to contact me.

David Craig, Broker Associate
Coldwell Banker Don Bricker Real Estate
Cambria, CA
805-927-6180 Direct line
David@David Craig Realtor.com
DRE Lic #00660383