Commercial property you can live in

Asked by Ginger L, Chicago, IL Wed Mar 6, 2013

Answers

7
Ivan Sagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Ginger,

At my last company, we specialized in live/work spaces for artists and creative people. I would be happy to meet with you about finding a solution for your needs.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
.
Dirk Gould, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
A typical situation is using the street level floor for commercial use and living in a unit above it. There are usually restrictions on the type of businesses and hours permitted in the commercial space. But I can help you more with further details.
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Depending on local zoning regulations, there are commercial properties in which you can live in.
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
What is the question? In theory you can live in any commercial space. Some are zoned so that it can be legal, but most are not.
I would like to board dogs in my house, but Chicago will not give a license to a home-based pet care business. Therefore, I am looking for a commercial property in which I can maintain the homey atmosphere I have created. I am not interested in a storefront property; I want a real house with a backyard.
Flag Thu Mar 7, 2013
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
There are properties that are considered mixed use, that you can live and work in.
Annie Munaco, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Need a little more info in order to answer...What type of proerty are youlooking to live in. Are you planning to run a business from the commercial property you want to live in?
Flag Thu Mar 7, 2013
Jeff Nobleza, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Those properties do exist. What is your question?
Where do I find these properties? How do I know which properties can double as commercial and residential? How do I find a real house?
Flag Wed Mar 6, 2013