Property Q&A in Phoenix>Question Details

Jessicaposbo…, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

Can you please tell me if there is any way the owner can come down on the rental price?

Asked by Jessicaposborn1, Phoenix, AZ Tue Jun 14, 2011

This question is about this property:…

You can always ask for a reduced amount on the rent. It will depend on each Landlord's situation and how strong you look. Keep in mind that it will depend on the supply and demand of an area. If the Landlord has 6 applications and all look great then he is not going to lower his rents because he doesn't need to.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
1640 S Stapley, #130, Mesa AZ 85204
Brenda: 602.980.3133
Ron: 602.499.0694
e-fax: 602.863.4623

Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as “One of the Top Realtors in the Valley”
Years ago, a very wise landlord who had many rentals with tenants who remained in place for ten+ years on average offered me some very good advice. He told me on a fairly priced rental when offers came in for less than asking price, they were rejected and not negotiated. Why? He found when he negotiated with a tenant on price, it never stopped. Everything became an issue.
He also had a policy I liked. He sat with every new tenant and made them a promise. As long as the rents came in on the 1st, every month, and he wasn't bothered with menial tasks, he would never increase the rents. Likewise, if something major occurred (a/c quits, oven breaks, etc.), he would have it repaired immediately, if not sooner. He stuck to his word and most tenants were with him at least ten years and counting.
So yes, everything is negotiable. This is just from a landlord perspective (and I am not a landlord or property manager). And just as posted before me, I think the landlord controls the market now. But good luck to you, hope you find a home that suites your needs!
Good Rentals are in pretty high demand so depending on what area you want you may not have much to negotiate.

It is all based on supply and demand for the area you are looking at.
Web Reference:
The owner might. It will depend on your credit, lenght of the contract and other terms. The only way to find out is by making an offer.

Carlos J. Ramírez, PC, ABR, CNE
Associate Broker/Realtor, HomeSmart –
Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
Yes, everything is negotiable. However, it is also supply & demand. Currently, landlords have a large pool or potential renters to choose from and as in any business they will choose the applicant that can give them the best return with the potential long-term retention possible. - In conclusion, I would propose the terms that are more acceptable to you and see if the landlord accepts. However, I would target rentals that best match your criteria without having to ask for a lower price. Focus on what you can afford and apply. ... hope it helps...
In every real estate transaction price is always negotiable. A rental property is a real estate transaction and I always try and negotiate a lower price for my clients.