Are there any major problem to this property? where can I get an accurate record on the squarefeet of thisone?

Asked by Kathy, 94087 Fri Mar 6, 2009

About foundation of the house!

This question is about this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sylvia Burton, Agent, Kihei, HI
Fri Mar 6, 2009
HI Kathy,

I agree with the other agents about getting a home inspection to know if there are any major problems with a home. This home is very cute and the interior isn't bad either....I have seen it and shown it a couple of times. I think major "issue" with it is that it sits all the at the back property line so there is no back yard. All of the yard is in the front. So if you ever wanted to expand you would have to go forward and you still wouldn't have a back yard, per se. If you don't mind a large front yard and no back yard, then this could be the home for you..?

Best Regards,

Sylvia Burton
0 votes
Joanna Batem…, , San Jose, CA
Fri Mar 6, 2009
Kathy - Roland is correct, the best thing to do is go look at it yourself, or hire a professional, licensed home inspector. This should cost under $400.00. County records are not always accurate either.
Before spending the money, you should get your offer accepted. This way someone won't get in before you and have their offer accepted.
Checkout for the current pricing information.
I am a full-time Real Estate Agent, specializing in REO/Bank Owned, Short Sales.. and of course regular sales.
Let me know if I can help answer any other questions.
Joanna Bateman, DRE 01792532
Intero Real Estate
Start your search from home... or
0 votes
Patrick John…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Fri Mar 6, 2009
Hi Kathy,

Cute home! I'm happy to put you in touch with a few great choices for inspectors. It is best to start with a complete home inspection. A good inspector will help determine other systems of the house that may require further inspection. A roof evaluation independent of this complete home inspection is generally accepted practice. Regarding the square footage, if you are financing the home an appraisal will be ordered. You should have an appraisal contingency and property condition and property disclosure contingencies in place. Before releasing the contingencies, verify that everything checks out to your satisfaction. I hope this is helpful. Please check out my website for additional resources.


(408) 410-9139
0 votes
Roland Barcos, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri Mar 6, 2009
Hi Kathy,
The square footage matches what is on record with the county. If you want it verified, you can ask an appraisor to tape the house, or you can do it yourself. You can get any available reports and disclosures through your real estate agent. If there is no foundation inspection report, you can order one.
Good luck,
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more