Are the mobile home properties on Fenwick Island, a good investment for rentals in the summer?

Asked by Barb, New Jersey Wed Mar 25, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/mortgage/calculator/payment/property/1…

Answers

3
Linda Mueller, Agent, Millville, DE
Mon Aug 6, 2012
Hi Barb

Some parks such as Shady Park do not allow you to rent or sublease to anyone.

Linda Mueller
Long & Foster
302-245-0741
Chris Kavana…, Agent, Bethany Beach, DE
Thu Mar 26, 2009
Hi Barb,

I am not aware of any of the local property management companies handling mobile rentals so you should check craigs list, vrbo and local papers to get an idea what kind of rent the property will generate. It is in a good location. Also check with the park management to check if seasonal rentals are allowed.
Chris Kavanagh
Coldwell Banker
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
302-829-9068
chris@5starbeachhomes.com
Kevin and Mo…, Agent, Ocean City, MD
Thu Mar 26, 2009
Dear Barb,
I have been in real estate on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and lower Delaware for 25 years. In my experience, mobile homes have not had the appreciation that other properties have seen, and you always need to be concerned about the future resale value of a property.

As to rental income, they are probably very affordable rental properties, so I am sure there is a market for finding that tenant. But again, you also need to think about the future value of any investment that you make, and this may not be your best choice.