Are buyers allowed to walk through homes that are foreclosed?

Asked by John, Thornton, CO Mon Jan 21, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3097034962--Versailles-St-…

Answers

6
Rick Cavalla…, Agent, Thonrton, CO
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Hi John,

Most banks allow buyers to walk thru foreclosed homes with the company of a licensed real estate agent. I say most, because there are some properties which are sold without the ability to walk thru them, however that is very rare.

Usually, you can walk thru the home prior to placing an offer and for the actual inspection and towards the end of the deal before you close on the property. If you have a particular property in mind, let me kow the address and I can find out the information on it for you. You can reach me either at rick@rickcavallaro.com or my cell at 303-641-1632.

Let me know how I can assist you as I am very experienced with foreclosures.
A Job For the…, Agent, Denver, CO
Fri May 31, 2013
No, you need to be escorted by an agent. Call my office for more details.

Luke
303-830-3933
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Fri May 31, 2013
The reason for the Realtor requirement (or any licensed agent) is to allow the seller/agent to track who visited the property. It is a convenient way for the seller to keep contact with who visits. And things come up. We all require information from agents who want to view properties.

I also advise inexperience buyers - and that may not include you John - that just because a house is offered as a foreclosure sale, that doesn't mean it is a bargain. A Realtor with a number of contacts among builders can often be of great assistance in evaluating a home. Again, that may not apply to you. An extra set of eyes never hurts, though.

If you need assistance, call a Realtor or agent.

Best regards!
Georgia Way, Agent, Pueblo, CO
Mon Jan 21, 2013
These properties as most that are for sale do allow (infact encourage) buyers to walk thru them. They however ( I imagine for liability purposes) do require that you do this with a licensed real estate agent. Any one of the folks who has answered this question would be one to look to for this opportunity. We can make ourselves available according to your schedule and the walk through usually only takes a few minutes so could be done before or after work, on a lunch hour, etc. Good luck in your search.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Of course you can -- once they are listed for sale. And you need to see it with a licensed Realtor. I'd be happy to assist you.
A Job For the…, Agent, Denver, CO
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Not without an agent present. Are you looking to buy?