After a sheriffs sale in AZ how long does the owner have for redemption?

Asked by scleaver, Scottsdale, AZ Tue Aug 20, 2013

I am behind in my HOA fees. The HOA is filing Order Setting Default Hearing which would allow thecom to set my property for a Sheriff's sale. If that is to occur how much time would I have before the sale and if the property sold how long would I have to redeem it?

Answers

3
Judi Wolfswi…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon Aug 26, 2013
Depending on whether or not the property is occupied or vacant....if occupied usually 6
months, if vacant - 30 days! Hope this helps.
Judi Wolfswi…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Hi there, if the property does go to Sheriff's Sale and is 'sold' you will have 6 months from sale
date to redeem if the property is occupied however, if it is unoccupied then 30 days....where is
your property located....?

Judi Wolfswinkel
Broker
Solcito Properties, Inc.
602-228-3200
Patricia Cain, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Good afternoon, I am sorry to hear of your situation. They will have to obtain a judgment and if they are able to pursue a sale, you would have 90 days at least. We have many community organizations that might assist you in getting out of this tight spot in life. If I can refer you to someone for assistance please call me and I would be happy to see if I can help you in getting through this difficult time. I wish you the best.

Patricia Cain
Broker/Owner
RE/MAX Omni Consultants