Property Q&A in California>Question Details

Ryoohkicabbi…, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

A mistake in Interspousal Transfer Grant Deed or not? What should I do?

Asked by Ryoohkicabbit15, Fremont, CA Fri Jun 29, 2012

Does the signer have to be married or previously been married when signing Interspousal Transfer Grant Deed? The document marks "From one spouse to another spouse." If the signer is not married previously, why would it be ''from one spouse to another spouse''?

Help the community by answering this question:



An Interspousal Grant Deed is used to easily transfer real property between spouses so the property is not reassessed for tax purposes, you need to transfer interests in the property, and/or convert “community property” into separate property (California is a Community Property state).

Logically, I would think that in order to use an Interspousal Transfer Grant Deed both parties should still be married, or in the process of divorce without a formal divorce decree.

If you do not fall into the circumstances of the prior sentence it's time to start asking questions why this Deed type has been selected!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 29, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer