Non realtor here. My wife and I moved to central NJ 7 years ago. Two kids later, we are very happy with our choice to live in Robbinsville. Here's why:
1) Able to buy a quality new home for less than $500 K (have had multple inspectors validate).
2) Able to live in a smart growth area where I walk with my young kids to many functional retail places (Delorenzo's pizza, Marrazzo's market, etc.)
3) 5 minutes from Mercer County Park
4) Can be on Spring Lake or Sea Girt beaches in 42 minutes
5) Walkability to many other homes/neighbors
Schools are good--having some growing pains but all in all a good place.