Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Investment Properties in Port Charlotte : Real Estate Advice

  • All507
  • Local Info25
  • Home Buying209
  • Home Selling13
  • Market Conditions39

Activity 2
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Tammy Hayes answered:
There are 947 lots in Port Charlotte with water/sewer within your price range. It would be up to you to determine a location of interest. Even though the listing says water/sewer available you would still have to pay to have it brought to the home if you build on the lot. Some lots are located in deed restricted communities with homeowner association fees and others are located in non-deed restricted areas.

You can use this MLS link to search for lots I would be happy to set you up in the MLS to receive listings based on your criteria and send you detailed information on lots of interest.

Here are some links and contacts that might be helpful to you in determining costs to clear
and build on a lot. Each county fees are different.

1. Charlotte County Building Department - -
You can ask them for permit fees, impact fees, and water/sewer hookup fees. Charlotte
County requires a stem wall which can add to the cost of building.

2. Charlotte DeSoto Building Industry Association – You can use the
directory to search for Excavating to find out costs for clearing and fill of the lot. You can
also contact any builders to get an idea of costs involved in building a home.

3. You may also want to contact FPL and Cable to get hookup fees for those.

4. Here is the web site to check for flood zones: Just type in the
address and it will give you the flood rating.

5. Here is the scrub jay check site for Charlotte County where you can type in the address
and check to see if it is in a scrub jay zone:

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Tom McCollister answered:
I'm an agent and landlord in Indiana, so I'm sure the landlord tenant laws differ some. In Indiana, it is quite easy to evict someone if needed. When you say they backed out, did they stop paying rent, move out already? Depending on the details, it is probably best to consult an attorney. I have had to complete two evictions and it's quite easy in Indiana, just have to take the time to file the paperwork with the court. I did both without an attorney, got my judgements for rent owed, late fees, damage to property, etc. I also got wage garnishments set up and got the money owed to me. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Investment Properties in Port Charlotte Zip Codes