Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Plymouth : Real Estate Advice

  • All60
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 14
Fri Mar 10, 2017
Angelica P answered:

Pending means an offer has been made on the home and it is in the process of closing.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 24, 2013
Kelly and Kristin Long answered:
The MLS listing for this house does not list an association. It did sell in April of 2012 & I have attached the link for you.

Click the following URL to see the listing:

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.
Have a great day!
Kristin Long
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 23, 2012
Dean Gupta CRS answered:
Yes, if the first agent who showed you the house, then you went to see the same house again with listing brokers agent, then you are obligated to buy it through that agent. Because if the dispute goes to MLS Arbitration then listing broker make your Beloved agent will pay have to return or not get his commission .The law says "Cause of Procurement). Whether you signed up any agent or not. Who ever can show that they worked to make you like or/sold you on the home, will get the commission. The first agent did not show you the comps because you never came to that stage of writing the offer.

Dean Gupta,CRS,SFR,e-Pro, Broker
Serving Home Buyers and Sellers for Full Satisfaction since 1991.
For Personal Attention, Call 763-537-8382
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 23, 2012
Dean Gupta CRS answered:
if you qualify, apply for Section 8 housing help in Hennepin county office. They will base your rent based on your family income and # of family members in your household who will live with you. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue May 22, 2012
W2amit answered:
Buying would mean
Association fees,
Insurance cost,
the utilities

Taxes depends on the assessment of the house - for city assessment, you can visit the city website in the assessment section you will find good details about the home you are going to purchase including home owner history.

Renting would mean just the rent plus utilities.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 22, 2012
W2amit answered:
go to the city website - go to assessing section - enter the address of the property u are looking at and it will show the property taxes for that year.(and also some history).
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue May 22, 2012
W2amit answered:
Do it, but also be present when the inspection happens - ask questions about how the inspector came to a decision of rating it good average or end of life etc...., gather information from neighbors if possible about issues they have living there and have those aspects inspected more. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Paul Welden answered:
Yes a security system can be installed under the 203(k) Streamline loan program, subject to your lender approval. HUD/FHA do not state that this program dis-allows the installation of a security system but that doesn't mean that your lender will allow it because each lender has their own "overlay restrictions." So check with you lender to make certain this is possible.

Contractor Directory for the FHA 203(k) loan program
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 3, 2009
James Baxter answered:
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 16, 2008
Lenny Frolov answered:
I agree with Cameron that the repair sounds like it will solve the problem but without actually seeing its hard to say. A good home inspector should be able to give their opinion on if the situation is solved and you may want to get a contractor in there to weigh in as well.

As far as resale value I will also have to agree that the more time that goes by the less it will be an issue to potential buyers. If you do follow through with buying the house make sure you keep everything you used to determine the problem was solved so that you can show the same info when you decide to sell the property.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 15, 2008
Julie answered:
Beyond the rent-to-own (which I personally would not touch), Wayzata will be a better long-term investment. I'm not a real estate agent, but have been tracking the market closely as we will likely be moving ourselves in the next 1-2 years. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 28, 2008
Michael Hjalmervik answered:
I also would suggest that you arm your self with an ally that knows how to complete the deal and take care of the legal/paperwork activity should the owner be interested in your proposition. That way you don't get bogged down in unexpected delays that would frustrate yourself and the property owner. In your case your "father-in-law" may be a good resource for you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Jackie Funk answered:
Hi Stuart: I just want to clarify if you meant a community pool for the residents vs. a condominium development?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 23, 2008
Brad Anderson answered:
Chris the advice you are recieving is good. If you want more info you can go here This is a great resorce. You can contact me directly at:
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice