Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Plainfield : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 8
Thu Nov 19, 2015
Extratrong4 asked:
We are finding renting options limited due to the fact our dog is on the breed restriction list. Does new development areas offer the option of lease to own? Poor credit or not qualifying…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 10, 2014
nibbiecat asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 11, 2014
Mallorie Wilson answered:

How much are you looking to spend per month? What things must the home have? Any information you can provide me would help me to better assist you in your rental search.

Mallorie Wilson
Sales Manager
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
317-590-3434 direct
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 11, 2014
RK Waldren answered:
Sell vs Rent is a great question? What is the ROI you want on your current property. You will also, lose any exemptions you currently have if you convert to rental property. Also, maintenance and upkeep need to be figured into your choice. You can sell per "The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 eliminated the replacement residence rule. Under the new law, a homeowner could exclude up to $250,000 in profit from a home sale -- $500,000 for married couples filing jointly -- regardless of what they did with the money, and they could claim the exemption multiple times. To qualify, taxpayers must have been using the home as their principal residence for at least two years in the five-year period before the sale. So, effectively, the exclusion is available as often as every two years. The tax code also waives this two-years-out-of-five requirement for people in the military, the Foreign Service, the Peace Corps or U.S. intelligence agencies, who may be ordered to relocate repeatedly."

Read more:

Homepath is a process where you may buy a home in need of extensive repair. You need to be able to do repair yourself or have licensed contractor do. Many mortgage companies can help you with a 203k if you want to finance repair in with your mortgage. I read the other responses and they are all good and have great information. Contact a Realtor and have them help you in your decision making process. Thanks, RK Waldren
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Sara Flanagan answered:
I live on Prestwick golf course and the track is about a 1/4 of a mile away. The train is loud when you're outside, but inside you hardly notice it. There are days when I never hear it at all.

Sara Flanagan
Carpenter Realtors
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 23, 2013
Steve Parsons answered:
You'll have to list with a real estate agent. Trulia does not post homes that are for sale by owner.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 23, 2013
Cindy Slesinski answered:
Very rarely do I hear an airplane living in Plainfield
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 4, 2012
tomslayton46168 asked:
This question was asked from…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Plainfield Zip Codes