Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

15229 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Wed Nov 2, 2016
Darcoppola asked:
Tue Aug 12, 2014
Gary Swank answered:
This may be an old posting, but it bears discussion. Basically there are 2 ways to look at property value: CMA and appraisal. (Of course there are others, such as AVMs which lack personal knowledge by the professionals.) A CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) is generally prepared by an agent/broker while an appraisal is prepared by a licensed and certified appraiser. The only value a lender will consider is an appraisal which is why an appraisal is ordered when you are financing your home purchase. A CMA is used by agents to look at comparable properties that are for sale or are sold to help a buyer determine if their offer is in range, or if a listing price meets the local norms. Best to discuss further in person with your agent. Thank you! ... more
1 vote 15 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 12, 2014
Gary Swank answered:
Agency representation in PA is very well defined. There are multiple avenues you can follow, depending on your needs. The best suggestion I would make is to consult with an agent and discuss your needs and plans. Thanks..good question! ... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Donald Bennett answered:
I disagree a bit with some of the other answers. The seller is required to disclose anything they are aware of that will effect the value of their property. I read a case law study awhile back where there was a murder in the house that was sold. The sellers didn't disclose it and the courts found in favor of the buyer. The court decided that the sellers had knowledge of something that would effect the value of the property and they didn't disclose it. The question becomes can you prove the sellers knew about the home next door and/or if they were aware it would effect the value. Lastly, I am not a expert in law (but I am in real estate) so you should consult an attorney. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 21, 2012
Janice Caputo answered:
Plan on average 90 days however if the property is turn-key much faster or if overpriced or a total rehab much longer.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 4, 2009
Elizabeth answered:
Thanks to everyone for your help! You gave a lot of good advise and certainly show why REAs know so much better than the home owners in these areas! Happy Holidays to everyone!
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 13, 2008
Chris & Stephanie Somers answered:
I would consult a local real estate pro, go on Craigslist and see what is out there. You can also view our site below for rental properties in different areas.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice