Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Pine County : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Wed Jan 24, 2018
Conijeanstavk answered:
Same problem the finished basement flooded the first nite cost me $125. Plus they stop my z220 they passed inspection pluged in the dryer arckrd fire to the ceiling and the cover shot off clear across the room and hit me in the chest. Had to call an electrician that cost $300. Iff he said it was so old it should have never passed inspection from my inspector it the FHA inspector should have never passed it no we have more problems breakers flipping off and the roof is leaking in my hsll and its stained and the paint is falling off. My ins company eont insureanse company wont insurance cover what I paid for it. I over paid for this home it was a flip and I was never told ir I wouldn't have bought it. This Hass cost me $30000. Of my retirement. I have money left. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 7, 2017
Bagheri.touran asked:
We paid asking price sine MLS advertised move in ready with new roof( is leaking note) new carpet (several years old) blind throughout and more lies.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 22, 2015
Josh Lund answered:
Hello Davehunston7,

When are you moving from Duluth to Pine County? Looks like you are free to leave, unless I'm missing something. Do you have a place in mind in Pine County to purchase? We would like to see if we can help you with answering questions about the move. Do you need to be in the new home before school starts in Pine County? Do you have a real estate agent? Do you need a mortgage?

We would like to see if we can help you with your move, and to answer any questions you might have.

Josh Lund
Branch Manager
Gold Star Mortgage Financial Group
333 Washington Ave N Suite # 101
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Office # 952 884 5442
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 7, 2014
Chris Block answered:
My father in-law Brad Houge works for the Deerwood bank in Brainerd. He focuses more on the commercial end, but Brad will be able to refer you to someone in the residential side. It is best to work with someone local.

FYI you can purchase a home 3 years after foreclosure, so right now it just sounds like a credit and income issue (along with the type of property you are buying).

Good Luck!

~Christopher Block
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 6, 2013
Amy Perrine answered:
Based on your question I believe you may have a Modular Home confused with a Manufactured Home. A Manufactured Home has a Title similar to a vehicle and you can get a duplicate title from the Department of Motor Vehicles. A modular home is a wood frame building constructed in a controlled environment and shipped to the building site in sections....not necessarily in two sections....possibly more. The difference has to do with the frame under the Manufactured home which makes it a "transportable" structure and could possibly moved to another location. If you have a manufactured home you can easily get a duplicate title. There is not a title for a modular home. Let me know if I can answer any further questions you may have. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 16, 2013
Elizabeth Fuller answered:
Very, very difficult. Studio apartments in metro area begin at around $700 per month. call or write and I
see what might meet your needs. Liz, 612-986-4105
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Donald James answered:
The commission rates for commercial proprieties are variable. I would suggest you shop around but lowest rate isn't always best (low rate is worth nothing is the deal does not close!). You want a Realtor who is experienced in your type of deal. An experienced Realtor usually saves you money because they can actually close the deal. Call me if you have questions. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 6, 2013
gingerlee15 answered:
I really like the drinking water. It has a little bit of iron taste. I would rate it a 7 on a 1to 10 scale.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 11, 2012
Chris Block answered:
Go to the city they will have all the regulations for the lake.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 19, 2011
Mack McCoy answered:
Fri Apr 23, 2010
Patti Ann Kasper answered:
Willie, Could you use 2 REALTORS? Did you sign anything? As long as you are not under contract with your girlfriend's agent (or any other agent for that matter), you can choose whoever you want!

But you should also choose wisely.

Rent to own, lease to own, and variations of these are generally more risky and not as well defined in Minnesota law as a Contract for Deed. It sounds like a Contract for Deed would fit your needs as well, but there are certain responsibilities you need to make sure you are aware of before you choose one.

There may be some investors who will let you have input into the choice of property, but they will always want to have the final say and that is why there is risk involved.

When you choose an agent, make sure you ask lots of questions. You need an agent who is not only proficient in these types of transactions, you also need to have someone you can trust.

However, personally, I have never work both sides of the same transaction. In other words, I would not represent both the seller (investor) and the buyer (you) in the same transaction. If it came to that, I would ask my broker to represent one side. That way there is not even a hint of impropriety and each party can then be represented to the fullest.

And that is really what it boils down to. Can your agent really represent you and negotiate for you to the fullest if he is also representing and negotiating for the other side? Make sure any REALTOR you consider explains agent to you completely. It is of utmost importance in your situation.

I hope that helps!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 30, 2009
Jan Carl answered:
I would be happy to help you look for your new home in the Finlayson area. I am located in Pine City and know the Finlayson area very well. I would also like to get you enrolled in our program that gives you the newest listings as they hit the market. That means you spend more time looking at the homes you are interested in and not having to go the the gamont of homes that are not in your criteria. Please contact me when you are ready. Jan Carl ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice