Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Tech Tips in Philadelphia County : Real Estate Advice

  • All201
  • Local Info20
  • Home Buying90
  • Home Selling12
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 9
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Buddy Pope answered:
Marketing your site, provided it has a catchy name like mine, is the key to it all. You must employ video, great photos, an IDX feed for users to search for listings and it has to provide easy links to social media sites and those sites back to your website. Interior page content matters too and needs to be refreshed every so often and it must be relevant to your audience. Links to your site need to reference interior page content and those pages must be keyword relevant to the topic they cover. Keep it one topic to one page. The use of video should not be limited to the home page. Blogging on sites like Activerain or Real Town help with SEO placement in the search engines. Google sniffs out fluff real fast, so make new content relevant and by that I mean provide local content that others are not providing. Blog about it, have a page on your site that features this or that local feature of your community, point to it through social media, tweet about it... THEN you will get viewers AND you can use it as a marketing tool to get listings. Postcards, car magnets, local newspaper reminders about your site, digital signage on local billboards... it is all centered around the site, but the site needs to be centered about offering the public, the real estate consumers, something of value, not fluff. Do do all this, you need to employ the chip away at it approach, but first you need to get the site up there. I can recommend a website, SEO savvy techie RE person to do your site if you approach me offline. ... more
0 votes 47 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Philip J. Cunningham Sr answered:
I live in Lawncrest just go to the community meeting on 4/16/2013 at 7pm St Williams Hall Robbins and Argyle St and ash for me anyone will point me out. But what sewage drain are you looking for is it the curb clean out you mean? Look stright out from the down spout at the curb it should have a slotted cover on it because it also acts as a vent. Please call me at 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 14, 2008
Keith Sorem answered:
The building and safety division of the municipality in which the home is located will have the permits on file. IN most cases the only real challenge will arise if an owner wants to have work done on the property. For example, if the owner wanted to add on a bedroom and a bath, and the inspector found unsafe areas of the house while working on that project, there may be some requirements to have the previous work brought up to code.

A smart buyer will pull the permits prior to buying. One option is to pull the permits and look them over. Unpermitted work cannot be used in the marketing of the property. For example, if the records show a two bedroom, and you now have three bedrooms, because only two bedrooms are permitted, you can only market it as a two bedroom.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 13, 2008
Mim Heisey answered:
Different areas have different record systems. Ours is a more rural area so the records are in County offices, whereas your records will be in a city or boro office- perhaps even a precinct office.
Depending on the age of your house, some of these records may be available to you, or anyone else, as they are public records.
Some places you might check are:
- registrar / recorder of deeds office (ask if they have a platbook or some record of land development plans. That would give you lot layout and dimensions)
-local building department, code enforcement office, etc. in some areas plans are filed for approval--probably not going to help if yours is a Queen Anne from the 1800's. :-)
-Your local REALTOR. We ( I am proud to be one!) are in the business of housing, and pick up a remarkable amount of information over the years. Find someone who has been around for a while and is active in your immediate area. If the house is a recent build, who was the builder? developer? They may also have info that would be of help.
Hope that helps!
Mim Heisey
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 12, 2008
Tyler Wagner answered:
I believe that the public records kept have the general description of your lot that include a tax map, distinguishing the property lines. If you want to find out exact locations of your property lines you would have to have a survey performed by a certified surveyor. While this can be expensive, it can help you settle any property disputes or may be needed if you plan on submitting plans for permits to add on to your residence. If you'd like, I could help you with the public record search, to give you a better idea as to where your property lines exist in comparison to neighboring lots. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 2, 2008
Chris & Stephanie Somers answered:
email us at

You can also browse for properties at our website at . We live in No Libs and specialize in all the Riverfront areas (Old City, No Libs, Old Kens, Fishtown, Port Richmond...etc). ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 20, 2008
Pam Winterbauer answered:
A person or primary person can deed out of the property. If there is a loan against the property and they are on the loan they will still remain on the loan even though they deed off unless the other party (s) do a refinance. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 25, 2007
W. Janor asked:
are trying to trace to proceeds from the sale - but with no will it's a needle in a haystack. This house was in trust for myself, Wendy and Sister marla. Can you check the settlement…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Tech Tips in Popular Cities in Philadelphia County