Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Philadelphia County : Real Estate Advice

  • All199
  • Local Info20
  • Home Buying89
  • Home Selling12
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 33
Scott Godzyk, Real Estate Pro in Manchester, NH
Mon Dec 26, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you are an agent, click on your picture on upper right, go to listings then edit
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
J.teitelman, Home Buyer in Ventnor City, NJ
Wed Dec 7, 2016
J.teitelman asked:
Joan Teitelman Mozenter here. (Licensed as Joan Mozenter).
* I'm a Real Estate Agent with Berkshire Hathaway / Fox & Roach Realtors in Center City Philadelphia.
* I'd…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Jewsefina, Home Buyer in New York, NY
Mon Oct 24, 2016
Jewsefina asked:
Sjsolar92, Renter in New York, NY
Sat Aug 27, 2016
Sjsolar92 asked:
How do I remove my listing from Trulia? I already found another roommate and do not want anyone else contacting me. Thanks!
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
247sergei, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA
Wed May 25, 2016
247sergei answered:
When it comes to section 8 vouchers in Philadelphia and some other locations in Pennsylvania, Creekside Apartments is a company that should be able to help you, so better contact them if the question is still relevant. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Stephanie Ch…, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA
Fri Jan 22, 2016
Stephanie Churchill asked:
Sandra Hazel…, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA
Thu Mar 12, 2015
Sandra Hazeltine answered:
You will want to contact Trulia's fraud customer service at
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Philip J. Cu…, Real Estate Pro in Feasterville, PA
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Philip J. Cunningham Sr answered:
In the pass it has taken up to 6 weeks or more depending on the office staff you should check with your case worker or a PHA case worker. I don't show any properties till the client has a PHA voucher. I feel that this is only fair to those who have the voucher and to the owner.

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
215-725-5700X49 cell 267-934-1971
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Don DeGennaro, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Don DeGennaro answered:
Feel free to give me a call or email me and I can refer you to a title company.

Don DeGennaro
The Dale Archdekin Team
Coldwell Banker Preferred
203-215-8400 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Joseph Weins…, Real Estate Pro in Milpitas, CA
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Joseph Weinstein answered:
I would suggest you speak with John M. Coyle :Telephone: 707-422-7300
Office Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

I have found him to be knowledgeable and helpful in a number of situations. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Alison Hillm…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi Lloydi,

Take a look at this article I found, hope you find it useful.

Ali, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Timothy Garr…, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Timothy Garrity answered:
Hi, Geneva.

I actually just got back from a Philadelphia Sheriff Sale today. A Mortgage Foreclosure sale to be more specific.

Depending on where you want to buy exactly, there are all different types of sales in the Philadelphia area. In the city itself, they have both Tax and Mortgage sales. As stated below, you will need cash, a good title company, and a good Realtor; that is, if you're truly serious about buying a home this way.

To go over any more details on this site would probably just confuse things, so your best bet will be to contact me if you would like to discuss it further.

All of my information is listed below.


Timothy M. Garrity | REALTOR® & Consultant
U S Spaces, Inc. | #RS314897
215-829-8850 x267 - Office
267-879-2716 - Mobile
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Bruce Lang, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Bruce Lang answered:
Frank McGove…, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA
Mon Feb 14, 2011
Frank McGovern answered:
I would personally have some interest in buying and have clients that would have interest as well. Please give me a call so I can get some information about the properties you are looking to sell. Thanks ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Bruce Lang, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA
Tue Dec 28, 2010
Bruce Lang answered:
For anyone else in this situation a buyer is entitled to a financial statement of the condo, a realtor or Attu or both,s help......second, check the public records for the developer for liens, suits etc.

It is important not that the developer does or doesn't go bankrupt but the financial health of the condo. What's the reserves? Delinquencies?

The other issue is lending. Always look to see if it's Fannie/Freddie approved. Also check if trident /wells/bank of America will do jumbos....if not think twice. Resale depends on these factors

As you mentioned atty is always an option. I'd also recommend an agent with a lot of new construction experience. Having sold at 2200 arch, the ritz, the aria, the western union building and the symphony house...i have seen the gambit

Bruce Lang
Cold well banker realty
2673126221 cell
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Peter Lavelle, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA
Thu Sep 30, 2010
Peter Lavelle answered:
Good Morning,

What site did you get this information from? Some sites "only" place what the judgement is on the property from RSS feeds; which I feel is misleading, and for the consumer to register and pay for more information. Another factor can also be that if it is an REO (foreclosed) property, it could be listed below market for the asset management company to get the house off the books for the bank. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Anna M Brocco, Real Estate Pro in Williston Park, NY
Mon Sep 20, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Not sure your question is understood, are you asking regarding a specific property --to see if a property has a tax or any other lein check with the local register of deeds office and or check with the local county recorder's office, ask your agent, conduct a title search, etc. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Larry Lichtm…, Real Estate Pro in Bala Cynwyd, PA
Mon Jul 19, 2010
Larry Lichtman answered:
Hi Wilbert,

I'm not sure if you can get an Equity Line of Credit on vacant land. I would suggest you call Ed Dubinsky at United Capital Lenders at 215-808-5353. He may be able to help you.

Please feel free to call mke directly if you have any other real estate related questions. Have a great week.

All the best,
Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
CELL (267) 254-7994
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
How To... in Popular Cities in Philadelphia County