Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Philadelphia County : Real Estate Advice

  • All201
  • Local Info20
  • Home Buying90
  • Home Selling12
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 2,422
Yesterday at 9:43am
Mark_kaczor asked:
Fri Nov 10, 2017
Ashley Shomo answered:
Hi I'm in need of security deposit deposit help. I have a steady income. Just need the help to move asap from an unhealthy relationship.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 8, 2017
Geneent10 answered:
I am in need of a dollar house that can be lived in with minimal effort
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 3, 2017
Nelsonerica83 answered:
I have always been told its best to have good credit but my husband and I have been putting money back to buy a house but our credit is in the way but we do have the cash to buy the house what do I do? ... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 30, 2017
Trinafriend124 answered:
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 29, 2017
Jenifer Kynor, TurboTenant answered:
The best thing you can do is be honest with your landlord and if they understand your financial burdens in the past and see improvement they still may be willing to rent to you. It really depends on the landlord though. They do not have to rent to you. ... more
0 votes 25 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 26, 2017
Bill Gassett answered:
You should never agree to single dual agency ever! There is no benefit to anyone other than the real estate agent. When you agree to dual agency you give up having an advocate in your corner. The agent by law is not allowed to council you.

It totally defeats the purpose of having a real estate agent - someone who will fight hard for your best interests.

Any real estate agent who tells you otherwise is looking out for one thing - their own purse or wallet.

Take a look at the comprehensive reference on why dual agency is so bad for consumers.
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 24, 2017
Ru4toytoy answered:
Mon Oct 23, 2017
Densilucy answered:
Seller Assist or seller concession basically means that the Seller pays some portion of your mortgage closing expenses, to reduce your total cash outlay. As an example, for a $200K home the down payment could be 3.5% ($7,000) and the closing costs (appraisal, escrow, title insurnace, recording fees, taxes, etc) could total another $3000 (total $10500). With a seller assist, the total amount seller would pay some portion of the $3000 out of their proceeds for the sale. Doing so reduces the amount the Buyer has to bring to the closing table. The amount can be as high as 6% of the sale price. It varies depending on the loan program.

Find out more about securing seller assistance here:
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 13, 2017
Kimholiday answered:
Do they have this in Pittsburgh PA
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 10, 2017
Jessi answered:
You can make a cash deal if you want, but there are many hidden loops of Law that you would be unaware of, hence I may suggest you Dan Byrnes Law.Daniel J. Byrnes, Esq. and he is a licensed practitioner of law in New York and New Jersey.He is working as a Staten Island real estate attorney for over 10 years now. You may call him at : 718.967.5000
... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 9, 2017
Jenifer Kynor, TurboTenant answered:
Sat Oct 7, 2017
Chrisnadiamiley answered:
Are thier any rent to own business that are not a scam if so cam someone tell me the names of yhe companies?
0 votes 27 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 27, 2017
Johnhaslettrealestate asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Philadelphia County