Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

In My Neighborhood in Philadelphia : Real Estate Advice

  • All3K
  • Local Info305
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling144
  • Market Conditions50

Activity 92
Mon Nov 2, 2009
Michael P. Cohen answered:
lien and judgements can be worked out with the city, in many cases, or most of the time worked down. Go to and perhapas we can help you buy your property michael Cohen 610-642-0347 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 28, 2009
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
Thu Aug 13, 2009
Bill Strehle answered:
Hi Meme,

My name is Bill Strehle. I am a licensed Realtor with Century 21 Premier. I am licensed in PA & NJ. I only saw 1519 W. York Street in the system.
See the link below to access 12 pictures. Would you like to the home? Please let me know.

Bill Strehle
Cell (856) 217-0017
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 23, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
Best contact city speak direct , any statement made is considered "hear say" city can explain details,

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter:
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 12, 2009
Carl Kabat answered:
This is one of those questions that is difficult to answer for a licensed PA Real Estate Salesperson --- because it would be unethical. There are rules against various statements that could be construed as being biased. These rules are based on Federal guidelines --- after years of prejudicial statements being made by realtors ---- so, these are rules that I consider to be good and proper.
I can say that you should take a look at the neighborhood yourself ---- and go at different times of day --- to see what it's like at those times. I live in Graduate Hospital, and I do a lot of my work there --- and in South Philly.
If I may assist you in buying or selling a house, please feel free to call me on my cell: 215-990-0186.


Carl Kabat, Realtor®, GCREP-GL (Green Certified Real Estate Professional)
The Dan Tobey Team
Coldwell Banker Preferred

A different kind of real estate company.®

The Curtis Center
601 Walnut Street
Suite L-44
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215.546.2700 Business
267.238.1054 Direct
215.990.0186 Cell
215.546.7728 Fax
click the link below to view all my listings
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 7, 2009
New2phl answered:
Honestly it really depends on the buyer. I am currently looking at buying a house in Philly and every time I see an addition or a 'driveway' where the yard (or most of it) used to be, I find it to be a turnoff. While parking can be considered a commodity, so can private outdoor space. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 9, 2008
Renee Porsia answered:
Hi Shaz,

Can you be more specific on this property? Is this in Upper Darby? The property that I am aware of is a 5 bedroom 2 full bath twin. The square footage is 1779 and taxes are $2558. The listing price is $79,900. A company owns it and rehabbed it in July of 07.

I do not see the property the other Realtors are referring to which is a mixed use property.

I have more information on this property if this is the one you are talking about.

Feel free to contact me.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask for Renee Where you can search for your new home.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 8, 2008
Peter Lavelle answered:
It would take some time to figure the average for the property tax due the amount of homes in the area. If you would like to know the tax on a particular property visit:

I hope this helps.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 5, 2008
Joe White answered:
I don't really see that anyone actually answered your question about catchment area boundaries. Your property actually falls within THREE different area boundaries.

First, there is University City Special Services District. Their website is Be sure to examine the 2008 District Report Card.

Second, you are within THe University of Pennsylvania District One which provides special financing and grants to University members when buying a house.

Finally, you are also within the U of P Expanded District. Some incentives also apply.

You are not within the Penn Alexander School Catchment. However, I market homes by emphasizing the positive aspects of these other districts. References available.

I have the precise borders and web links at my office. (I'm writing from home.) Hope this is helpful.

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 11, 2008
Global Property Group answered:
as a real estate investor, I've found the websites such as rentometer to be garbage. They may come in about $100 to $150 close to reality but depending on the rents, that is a large difference. Best bet is to speak with investors in the areas you are looking at and/or property managers who make this their business. If they quote the websites to you.....Run away. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 25, 2008
Chris & Stephanie Somers answered:
We help many of our clients rent their properties in Fishtown, Northern Liberties, Old Kensington, Old City and Port Richmond. We are not a rental company nor do we specialize in rentals. We specialize in Listing Homes for sale.

That being said it is easy to see how we have had success helping some of our higher-end rentals get rented. As listing agents we have the marketing infrastructure in place which gets your home in front of the right people. We pull credit for a nominal fee and sometimes free and draw up leases that are protective to both landlord and tenant.

We do not manage the rental. That would be up to you. Our fee is 1 month rent of which we split with a cooperating agent if they bring the tenant.

If you would like our assistance, feel free to contact us.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice