Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Elmwood : Real Estate Advice

  • All16
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 11
Fri Jun 3, 2016
Alex Weber answered:
Yes I do, you can contact me at if you have further questions!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 21, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local authorities with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 11, 2014
Larry Lichtman answered:

It's pretty tough to find any houses under $700 per month. You may want to look at some smaller apartments. Good luck with your search.

All the best,
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 24, 2013
Skip Casey answered:
there are good and bad in all people try looking for the good in bad/ everyone has both and you will be a much better human being even/ if you think some people are better than others.
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Kimberly Wingfield answered:
As others have said, a 580 credit score is the rock-bottom that's required to get a mortgage, but there's still a way to get through that if your score is below that. There are several programs in and around Philadelphia that are designed to help people in your situation to get a mortgage/find help with down payment assistance, and many of them simply require that you attend a series of (free) credit/mortgage counseling classes.

If you'd like more information, feel free to contact me! Take care, and good luck!


Kim Wingfield

Keller Williams - Center City Realty
Ofc: 215-627-3500
Cell: 267-530-5641
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Kevin Van Horn answered:
Be Careful. I am not blaming realtrac per say. Many similar sites claim the properties exist only to have you pay membership fees. Then you find out they don't exist or sold 2 years ago. My office specializes in REO properties. 20 years, thousands of sales, high volume investment real estate. Currently 100 listings.

Call me or email

Kevin Van Horn
Premier Real Estate, Inc.
1636 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
267-968-4919 (Cell Phone)
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Jonathan Unrath answered:
Hi Joe,

It is absolutely possible for it to sell for what you are looking for. Does that price include transfer tax as well as realtors commission? I am based out of Lansdowne, so I know that area quite well. Feel free to contact me and I can come by and we can discuss things further. Some properties within a few blocks of you have sold for the amount you are looking for. However some haven't. Let me know if I can come by and show you my research regarding your property.

Jon Unrath
Weichert Realtors Media
267 968 1505
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Sheri Curci answered:
Yes Rosalyn, there are more homes in that area too.

Be an educated consumer...

All the Best, John + Sheri 215-757-2889
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Bruce Lang answered:
Donna. For rentals....check out Philly weekly and craigslist
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 7, 2009
Chris Lane answered:
Thats rather unfortunate and this property may just be a loss. Was it owned free in clear (minus a mortgage)? If not, he's going to owe the principle amount to the lender regardless of whether the property inhabitable or not. Without the proper property insurance the city owes your friend nothing. In fact, he may actually end up owing the city for any services they have provided thus far (i.e. cleaning, demo, securing etc). To add insult to injury they can even impose a lien on the property for lack of payment. However, it is possible that the lot/property could still be sold and some of his money recooped. If he is interested in doing this please contact me. I actually specialize in selling problem properties much like the one your friend owns. I also deal with plenty investor who would be interested in seeing his property and even submitting an offer to purchase. You can reach me via email or phone 2156815520. Best regard and I wish him luck. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Darlene Scott answered:
I work for Fillmore Real Estate and we have a relocation department they can connect you to any area you are looking to buy properties to get comparables.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice