Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Property Q&A in Penngrove : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Cathy Soldati answered:
Hi Miya,
The property at 355 Palm Ave. in Penngrove sold last month for $343,199. there are several other property's like that one on the market. I would be happy to send you some listing that are on the market that you might be interested in. Give me a call or send an email 707-480-2007 or ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 3, 2011
Steven Ornellas answered:
Hi Don, I assume you are asking this question in reference to a new builder home you purchased.

Buyer protections were significantly diluted in 2002 by legislative action via SB800 (a strong Builder lobby helped bring this about). Title 7 of the California Civil Code is now in place.

SB800 "...specifies the rights and limitations of individual owners of single family homes and individual units of attached dwellings and, in the case of a common interest development (i.e., condominium project), any association of owners, to bring an action for construction defects against a builder, developer or original seller ("builder"), and the requirements for doing so."

I cover SB800 on page 3 of this document:
You will also find an additional link that covers SB800 more thoroughly. A number of CA Civil Code Sections are touched on; however, the most prudent thing to do in my opinion is to seek legal advice!

Best, Steve
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 29, 2010
Scott Stevens answered:
Did you ever find that country property in Penngrove? There are new opportunities and new listings available. 707 695-4448
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Karen Fleming answered:
Hi Janet- The property is listed as a short sale at $499,000 and the status as of 3/23/09 is contingent to show. That typically means that there is an offer that was accepted by the seller but needs to be approved by the lender and that can often take several months. The terms that come back from the lender need to be approved by the seller and then it can close. It is not uncommon for the buyer to drop out and the property to come back on the market before the lender and the seller reach an agreement. If you have any other questions please let me know- Thank you Karen ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 28, 2009
Mike Kelly Allison Norman answered:
Sandra, I agree with Pam but would first go to: and put in the Assessor’s Parcel Number or APN. If you have an address do a Google search and see if you can locate this number.
Conversely you can go DOWN to the Permit Resource Management Division (see above link and get adress, map, telephone numbers) and look up the address. If they having nothing on record then this is a wild-cat contractor doing everything without permits. If he is on record and you see "permit" activity then call down there and see if you can speak to the inspector in charge of road permits/design. Tell THEM of your problem and they most likely will get out their quickly and put a stop to this plus look for recourse from not only the contractor but the OWNER OF THE PROPERTY!!
Also, contact the OWNER of RECORD on the subject property via registered letter and tell them you are contacting an attorney unless this matter is resolved immediately!! You could even call in the environmental folks from the county and get them involved also!! Water erosion, especially when it may intrude to other sensitive environmental areas, is NOT being tolerated. I'd also get a pit-bull dog of a lawyer and filed a lawsuit threatening a cease and desist order on the property!!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice