which place is good for car racing?

Asked by Manisha, Mon Aug 20, 2007

Answers

7
Michael Pan…, , 28117
Mon Aug 20, 2007
We live in Mooresville, North Carolina.Also called Race City USA there are over 60 Nascar teams that have their race shops here. Dale Earnhardt got his #3 from HWY 3 that their shop is located on. We also have the NASCAR technical institute- a college for race crews. Many cities have famous race tracks, Daytona, Darlington, Charlotte. Indianapolis to name a few, but Mooresville is considered the capital
check out the attached link for detail
Lisa Hill, , Port Orange, FL
Thu Sep 13, 2007
I'm in the Daytona Beach area, so obviously we have plenty of NASCAR fans here, if you're wanting to watch the races. If you're interesting in doing some racing on your own, New Smyrna Beach, which is about 20 miles south of Daytona, has a dirt race track. There are races held there every weekend. It's on Hwy 415 aka Tomoka Farms Rd.
Vicki Masell…, Agent, Duluth, GA
Mon Aug 20, 2007
I'm sure this question will bring out alot more NASCAR fans who are lurking on this site. However, I wonder what type of car racing Manisha is most interested in? Is it NASCAR, Bush series, drag racing, Indy, DIrt Car, Truck, road racing, street racing (illegal, of course), other or all of the above? I am going to go out on a limb here and presume that you are looking for the best of all worlds and that you are not limiting yourself to just the state of Florida. That being said, I think the best place to be if you are a race fan is Atlanta, GA. You've got Atlanta Motor Speedway, Commerce Drag Strip, Road Atlanta, Lanier Raceway, and a sprinkling of other tracks all within about an hour's drive from each other. And, like so many other wonderful suggestions made before me, you are only a good day's drive to get to other great tracks & attractions like Daytona, Bristol, Talladega, Darlington, Charlotte, and even Mooresville. Ladies & gentlemen, start your engines... ;-)
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Mon Aug 20, 2007
Don't forget California....Ontario has a big reaceway....California Speedway is near LA and Infeinion speedway is near Napa.
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Mon Aug 20, 2007
My bet is Dayton Beach by all accounts. It is also a wonderful place to vacation. Enjoy.
Web Reference:  http://pamwinterbauer.com
LLoyd Nichols, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Aug 20, 2007
Manisha: Daytona Beach is the best racing/ NASCAR city. It stands on its own. No contest.Of course there is the Daytona 500 every year. Note: you may drive your car on the beach! Now driving over 160 miles an hour along the Daytona International Speedway could be interesting!
Bridgette Ko…, , Florida
Mon Aug 20, 2007
Manisha,
I may actually be able to help with this question, but first you need to tell me where in Florida... Please reply. Thanks!